With the actual overall goal to define what was more relaxing. Using these types of general starting points developers can start looking to build more exciting or even more relaxing video game concepts in order to create a more sustainable genre.
Use Testing to shape Rules for this game genre:
- Time in game session is irrelevant to the goal of the game, but relevant to the player being able to adjust from the game to reality
- Life Skills
- Social interaction - defining methods communicating effectively in team settings.
- Focused problem solving - Breaking projects down into more manageable pieces, social or independent
- Developing tactics to reduce stress within self
- Readiness to “pick up and put down” -
- games typically are based on replayability, they are built for addictive game play. It's in the marketing of the industry, but this is not needed for successful game play. Devs will need to make a choice to step away from thinking of sales and time on a game, and offer smaller DLC packages, not larger ones.
- The amount of time and intensity is a large factor in game design, and this genre must consider play time values.
- This genre must consider how to allow players to leave the game and adjust to reality. This is a touch metric as games by nature are a release and separation from the real world. Game Time and Focus type goals can be put into smaller time frames.
- Consultation with Spectrum experts
- Define with them testing and research patterns already in place for ADHD and AS
- Using their expert opinions to help make a case for the argument.
- What do Games already do which are positive and can be utilized or even developed further?’
- Zelda’s riding through the world
- Focused puzzle solving
- Breaking larger problems into smaller